Aviseal Dampproofer is a unique chemical treatment designed to waterproof and protect concrete from water penetration of pores and capillaries. Aviseal Dampproofer is chemically similar to Aviseal Concentrate only less potent and is purposely designed to be a surface applied treatment that penetrates into concrete for an in-depth waterproofing solution. It is used as a waterproofing product where hydrostatic pressure is minor or not relevant. Aviseal Dampproofer also makes a cost effective alternative as a second coat for Aviseal Concentrate. Aviseal Dampproofer works within the concrete’s substrate to react with un-hydrated cement particles and water to grow crystals within the concrete mass. In doing so it will make the concrete permanently waterproof.
· Is a one time only application for the life of the concrete
· Is user friendly and easy to apply
· Is permanent for the life of the concrete
· Is applied from either the positive or negative side
· Is chemically less concentrated than Aviseal Concentrate for lower demand applications
· Will work to prevent rising damp and water penetration with low hydrostatic pressures
· Will reactivate the waterproofing mechanism should water be present in the future
· Will increase the durability of the concrete
· Will protect against cracking and spalling
· Will provide a cost effective second coat to Aviseal Concentrate applications
· Protection of reinforcing steel against chemical attack
· Protection against deterioration of the concrete due to waterborne chemical attack
· Protection against deterioration of the concrete due to AAR/ASR
· Protection against deterioration of the concrete due to cast in contaminants
· Protection against deterioration of the concrete due to carbonization
· Protection against deterioration due to freeze/thaw environments
Dampproofing of any concrete structure in areas where hydrostatic pressure is lower or for use as a cost effective second coat for Aviseal Concentrate for the following projects.
Tunnels and Subway Systems
All below grade concrete foundations
Sewage and water treatment Plants
Water towers and water reservoirs
Concrete Walls and floors
Aviseal Dampproofer is a dry powder that when mixed with water to a creamy consistency can be applied as a brush on slurry to concrete as per the following mix proportions
· Single Coat Brush Applied Slurry Applications: Use 1 kg per m2, mixed 5 parts powder to 2 parts water
· As A Double Coat In Brush Applied Slurry Application: Use 0.8 kg per m2 per coat, mixed 5 parts powder to 2 parts water
· As A Second Coat over Aviseal Concentrate: Use 0.8 kg per m2, mixed 5 parts powder to 2 parts water
Aviseal Dampproofer may also be Spray applied. When utilizing the spray application method follow the mix proportions as outlined and follow up immediately with a brush to insure that the Aviseal Dampproofer penetrates effectively into the pores and capillaries.
· As Single Coat In Spray Applications: Use 1 kg per m2, mixed 5 parts powder to 3 parts water
· As A Double Coat In Spray Applied Slurry Application: Use 0.8 kg per m2 per coat, mixed 5 parts powder to 3 parts water
· As A Second Coat over Aviseal Concentrate: Use 0.8 kg per m2, mixed 5 parts powder to 3 parts water
Aviseal Dampproofer may also be trowel finished for an alternative to brush look finishes. It is important to note that first Aviseal Dampproofer will need to be brushed to insure maximum penetration into the pores and capillaries prior to trowel finishing.
Do not add water to the mix should signs of setting occur.
NOTE: Follow Aviseal Dampproofer Application Instructions for appropriate surface preparation, application and curing instructions
Bulk density 1.20
Rate of Penetration 1 mm per week
Particle size 50 – 150 microns
Water Pressure 5 m (when used as 2 coats)
Shelf Life 2 years (when kept dry)
Aviseal Dampproofer requires wet curing. Follow instructions as contained within the appropriate Aviseal Concentrated Application Instructions.
All single coat applications: 1 kg powder per 1 m2
As a first coat: 0.8 kg powder per 1 m2
As a second coat: 0.8 kg powder per 1 m2
Follow Aviseal Dampproofer Application Instructions for appropriate surface preparation prior to application
Aviseal Dampproofer is a cementitous base and as such is alkaline. It may cause skin and eye irritation. Use appropriate and suitable protective clothing and eye protection when mixing and or using Aviseal Dampproofer.
Please refer to Manufacturer’s Safety Data Sheets for health and safety information.
Store in dry location, opened bags or pails will deteriorate if subjected to moisture.
Alternate packing may be made available upon request