AQUAPROOF Concentrate is a unique chemical treatment designed to waterproof and protect concrete from water penetration through pores and capillaries. As the most chemically active of the AQUAPROOF – Waterproofing Product Line, AQUAPROOF Concentrate was specifically designed to be a surface applied treatment that penetrates into fresh or existing concrete to provide a permanent in-depth waterproofing solution. AQUAPROOF’s state of the art crystalline technology works within the substrate to force a reaction between cement particles and moisture, enhancing concrete´s natural abilities. The reaction that occurs causes millions of long pin like crystals to form within the pores and capillaries of the concrete effectively stopping water penetration through enhanced hydration. Due to the catalytic nature of AQUAPROOF´s technology, the ability to generate this reaction is continuously present, should water or moisture become present at a future date, the process will reactivate stopping all future water penetration.
· Is a one time only application for the life of the concrete
· Is user friendly and easy to apply
· Is permanent for the life of the concrete
· Is applied from either the positive or negative side
· Will autogenously repair concrete
· Will reactivate the waterproofing mechanism should water be present in the future
· Will increase the durability of the concrete
· Will protect against cracking and spalling
· Will stop water penetration into the concrete
· Will provide the best quality to cost ratio in the industry
· Will eliminate the need for any other waterproofing system
· Protection of reinforcing steel against chemical attack
· Protection against deterioration of the concrete due to waterborne chemical attack
· Protection against deterioration of the concrete due to AAR/ASR
· Protection against deterioration of the concrete due to cast in contaminants
· Protection against deterioration of the concrete due to carbonization
· Protection against heavy hydrostatic pressure
· Protection against water penetration through micro-cracks by autogenously healing all future micro-cracking
· Protection against deterioration due to freeze/thaw environments
· Swimming pools
· Tunnels and subway systems
· Parking garages
· All below grade concrete foundations
Including German floors
· Rooftops, Roof gutters & Tank Decks
· Dry vaults
· Sewage and water treatment plants
· Water towers and water reservoirs
· Marine structures
· Concrete Pipes
· Bridge decks
· Concrete walls and floors
· Balcony & Veranda
· Bathroom wall & Floors
· Rising dampness
· Underground Septic and water tanks
· Water Fountains
AQUAPROOF Concentrate is a dry powder that when mixed with water to a creamy consistency can be brush applied to concrete as a penetrating surface treatment under the following mix proportions
· Single Coat Brush Applied Slurry Applications: Use 1 kg per m2, mixed 5 parts powder to 2 parts water
· As A First Coat In Brush Applied Slurry Application: Use 0.8 kg per m2, mixed 5 parts powder to 2 parts water (Use AQUAPROOF Damp proofer as an alternative for a cost effective second coat)
AQUAPROOF Concentrate may also be Spray applied. When utilizing the spray application method follow the mix proportions as outlined and follow up immediately with a brush to insure that AQUAPROOF Concentrate penetrates effectively into the pores and capillaries.
· As Single Coat In Spray Applications: Use 1 kg per m2, mixed 5 parts powder to 3 parts water
· As A First Coat In Spray Applications: Use 0.8 kg per m2, mixed 5 parts powder to 3 parts water (Use AQUAPROOF Damp proofer as an alternative for a cost effective second coat)
AQUAPROOF Concentrate may also be dry shake applied. To do so simply apply the powder, spreading it evenly throughout the surface at a rate of 1 kg per m2 before power trowelling the application. This system may only be done successfully when a power trowel is used for finishing.
Do not add water to the mix should signs of setting occur.
Should the slurry show signs of setting re-mix until fluidity returns
Bulk density 1.16
Rate of Penetration 2.3 mm per week
Particle size 50 – 150 microns
Water Pressure 170 m (when used as 2 coats)
Shelf Life 2 years (when kept dry)
AQUAPROOF Concentrate requires wet curing. Follow instructions as contained within the appropriate AQUAPROOF Concentrate Application Instructions.
All single coat applications: 1 kg powder per 1 m2
As a first coat: 0.8 kg powder per 1 m2
As a second coat: 0.8 kg powder per 1 m2
AQUPROOF Concentrate utilizes a cementitous base. It may cause skin and eye irritation. Use appropriate and suitable protective clothing and eye protection when mixing and or using AQUAPROOF Concentrate.
Please refer to Manufacturer’s Safety Data Sheets for health and safety information.
Store in dry location, opened bags or pails will deteriorate if subjected to moisture.
Alternate packing may be made available upon request