AQUAPROOF Admix HD
AQUAPRROF Admix HD is a next generation crystalline admix designed to enhance concrete by effectively waterproofing the concrete, dramatically increasing strength and reducing the shrinkage cracks. Admix HD often eliminates the need for super plasticizers by providing high plastic qualities and abilities as part of its unique crystalline waterproofing abilities. It is a cost effective solution to membrane systems while increasing concrete’s durability. AQUAPROOF Admix HD is added to fresh concrete easily at the batch plant or directly into ready mix trucks. It works to continuously prevent moisture from penetrating through the Concrete by creating a catalytic chemical reaction within the pores and capillaries to enhance the hydration process of the cement component within the concrete. The enhanced hydration process not only provides waterproofing characteristics to the concrete, it also allows for an increased ability to self-heal micro cracking upon the presence of moisture.
· Is a one time only application for the life of the concrete
· Is user friendly and easy to apply
· Is permanent for the life of the concrete
· Is added directly to the fresh concrete during mixing or premixed with cement powder
· Will reduce shrinkage cracks by up to 60%
· Will reduce water demand by 10 to 20%
· Will eliminate the use of a waterproofing subtrade
· Will continually improve impermeability benefits with time
· Will assist concrete in the hydration process
· Will protect against water penetration through micro-cracks by autogenously healing future micro-cracking
· Will reactivate the waterproofing mechanism should water be present in the future
· Will increase the durability of the concrete
· Will protect against cracking and spalling
· Will stop water penetration into the concrete
· Will provide the best quality to cost ratio in the industry
· Will eliminate the need for any other waterproofing system
· Protection of reinforcing steel against chemical attack
· Protection against deterioration of the concrete due to waterborne chemical attack
· Protection against deterioration of the concrete due to AAR/ASR
· Protection against deterioration of the concrete due to cast in contaminants
· Protection against deterioration of the concrete due to carbonization
· Protection against heavy hydrostatic pressure
· Protection against deterioration due to freeze/thaw environments
· Swimming pools
· Tunnels and subway systems
· Parking garages
· All below grade concrete foundations
· Rooftops & Terraces
· Dry vaults
· Sewage and water treatment plants
· Water towers and water reservoirs
· Marine structures
· Concrete Pipes
· Bridge decks
· Concrete walls and floor
· Bathroom floors
AQUAPROOF Admix HD is a dry powder that may be added directly to the wet mix concrete during batching or added directly to the ready mix truck prior to arrival at the site or at the site. The dosage rate is 2 kg per 100kg of cement (see Dosage).
Reduce the water component by 10 to 20%, to offset increased slump and workability.
Mix for 10 minutes at high speed before placing to insure a thorough mix. Should a superplasticizer be required, add it after the addition of the AQUAPROOF Admix. Do not add water to the mix to increase slump. Place the concrete within 45 minutes to utilize the maximum benefits of flow and placement values. Avoid early finishing and over toweling.
· AQUAPROOF Admix HD does delay initial and final set times under most conditions.
· AQUAPROOF Admix HD is free of oils, stearates, chlorides, sodium and silicate based materials.
Appearance granular powder
Max Particle Size max 0.297
Solids 100% 3/3
Bulk density 1.0
Standard concrete wet curing procedures.
Dosage is 2% of cement content = 2kg of AQUAPROOF Admix HD per 100kg of cement, 6kg of AQUAPROOF Admix for every 300 kg of mortar.
Concrete’s with higher cement contents will require proportionally more AQUAPROOF Admix HD.
AQUAPROOF Admix HD is measured to the cement and cementitious components such as fly ash and silica fume only and is not measured to the full concrete design.
This material becomes caustic when mixed with water or perspiration. Avoid contact with skin or eyes. In case of skin contact, wash with soap and water. Flush eyes immediately with warm water for several minutes. If ingested, do not induce vomiting. If victim is alert, give two glasses of water. Avoid breathing dust. Wear long sleeves, eye goggles and a dust mask.
See the material safety data sheet for this product.
25kg bags or pails